hanako

8:18 AM The Flying Mermaid 0 Comments

The Babe and I went for a quick lunch at The Rock in Don Antonio, Quezon City. I didn't realize that this area has a lot of restaurants until we drove there. I wouldn't be surprised if this place will be hailed as another Maginhawa food street.

image (6)

We were in the mood for some Japanese food so we chose Hanako.

image (3)

The place was quite alright. I just didn't like the service because it wasn't as warm as I expected it to be. The waitresses were talking loudly to one another. They did not totally neglect our presence which, in a way is good but a little more care wouldn't hurt. Food was served in a flash though. Thumbs up!

Kani Salad, P129
Kani Salad, P129

I am trying to lose weight so I just ordered a salad. The components of this dish were fresh but the Japanese mayonnaise was way too overwhelming.

image (7)

It was swimming on mayonnaise. It would have been perfect had they not drown the fresh cucumber, mango, and crab strips in the mayo pool.

Chicken Katsudon, P149
Chicken Katsudon, P149

The Babe had a fuller meal, a bowl of chicken katsudon. The meat was tender and tasty. It was savory and sweet as any katsudon in town.

image (12)
Spicy Tuna Teriyaki Roll, P189

This roll was too salty for my liking but we finished it nonetheless. Overall it was an okay experience. It wasn't too special a meal but considering the price, I'd say it is a steal.

image (2)
Here is a copy of their menu :)


Hanako
The Rock, Holy Spirit Drive cor. De Leon St., Don Antonio Heights, Quezon City, Metro Manila

xoxo,
The Flying Mermaid

0 comments: