start of an addiction

1:49 AM The Flying Mermaid 0 Comments

30_003

I wasn't born into a rich family so traveling is something that I could only do if I really really REALLY have extra money, especially when I was still studying.

Lucky I have friends who are equally adventurous and wanted to explore the world with me. We had to save our lunch allowances in order for this trip to push through but I am so glad that we did.

For the record, I would have to say that this trip (summer of 2008) started my whole addiction for traveling.

6_006

We went to Puerto Galera in Oriental Mindoro through Jam bus liner in Kamias, Quezon City to Batangas Port then took a boat to the white beach itself.

10_004

The boat ride was a bit bumpy but we just made the best out of it and enjoyed. This was our first time anyway.

16_003

30_001
Touchdown White Beach, Puerto Galera

Obligatory group photo
Obligatory group photo

18_004

We stayed at the then newly constructed studio type apartments called White Beach Resort House of Joy. Since it was the peak season when we visited the rate was 1,500Php per night. There were 2 beds and up to 4 people could stay in one room. There was a hot/cold shower, aircon, fridge, and TV.

32_001

32_003

During our first day we searched for some activities. We were offered a boatride with island hopping and snorkeling for ony 1,5ooPhP.

9_007

The Flying Mermaid

It was so much fun! I actually thought that I could live by the sea during this time. It was so addicting!

16_005

10_007

The locals were offering to braid our hair so we all went for it.

11_009

Puerto Galera will always be memorable to me. This may not be as attractive as it was before but it will always have that appeal to me that no other beaches could ever have. I wish I could go back to being a teenager and spend the vacation with my good ol' friends. After all, that is one of the essences of traveling, to enjoy it with the people most valuable to us.

xoxo,
The Flying Mermaid

0 comments: